New and returning players must register for the 2022 season


Get a physical

All players must have a physical that is less than one-year-old to play football. You will not be able to register without an up-to-date physical.

Common mistakes to avoid:

  • If your player had a physical in October of 2021, that would not be valid for the entire 2022 season and they will need another physical. 

  • Please let your physician know you're getting a physical to play football. In addition to the physical form, your physician will also need to complete a WCPSS high school athletic participation form.

To ensure players have an up-to-date physical, we've arranged a Player Physical Night with Carolina Family Practice and Sports Medicine on May 18, 2022. If your player has their physical, great! If not, please consider making an appointment. Call 919-239-2000.


Register on DragonFly

Once the 2022 registration is open, we'll provide the link to the DragonFly site where you can register your player. This is considered your "ticket to play." 

What you need:

  • Before you register, you MUST have your player physical in digital format (scanned or a PDF) ready to upload.  

  • All paperwork must be submitted electronically through DragonFly, so please do not submit anything to the coaches. They'll redirect you back to DragonFly. 

  • If you have questions about how to upload your player physical to the DragonFly site, please use this how-to resource. If you're still having trouble, contact our athletic trainer Molly Arey: marey@wcpss.net

Coming soon: Registration link

College considerations?

The number one focus for our players is, and always will be, academics. If you're considering playing football in college, our coaches are prepared to support that journey. But first and foremost, we want our players to be well-rounded with a focus on academics, community, and football. Our program will offer opportunities for students to achieve success on all three levels. 

In order for a student-athlete to be considered to play in a Division I or Division II school after HSHS, they should sign up to be NCAA eligible.